WHO WE ARE AND WHAT THIS IS
EnterNOW ("EnterNOW" or the "Service") is an online entry system that helps event organisers manage entries, for competitions and events.
We treat the private nature of your personal information seriously and are committed to protecting it. To do this we have set up procedures that ensure your information is handled responsibly and in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE DATAEntrants
- In the case an entrant enters themselves directly, they will only have access to the information that they enter.
- Each school gets issued a login and password which gives you access to the EnterNOW websites.
- If you choose to share that password with others, they will also have access to your schools data.
- It is your responsibility to keep your password safe.
- Each club/team gets issued a login and password which gives you access to the EnterNOW websites.
- If you choose to share that password with others, they will also have access to your clubs/teams data.
- It is your responsibility to keep your password safe.
- Event Organisers can only see the data that you have included in the entry form. (This is no different to what they receive with a paper entry form)
- Have the ability to use the auto-complete functionality to enter students/members on your behalf (for late entries or special cases).
- DO NOT have the ability to download or view your full your student/member list (the Members tab in EnterNOW)
- By entering a competition, you give the organisers of that event permission to access the data contained in the entries you have submitted, for the purposes of running that competition.
- IMPORTANT: Once an Event Organiser has downloaded the entries, the security and privacy of that data is outside of our control, you will need to refer to the event organisers for their own privacy and data retention policies.
- EnterNOW staff and contractors will have access to your data for the purpose of providing support and resolving problems with the service.
- EnterNOW staff and key partners can access "non-identifying" and aggregated usage information such as transaction volumes. This enables us to better understand how our customers are using the service and makes improvements to system design.
HOW LONG DO YOU KEEP THE DATAStudent / Member data
- Student records are erased once they turn 19, as the system assumes they have left the school
- If a student leaves school before they turn 19 and the student management system offers that data, then we will erase the students record
- If a student record is not accessed for a period of 24 months, their record will be erased
- Entries into events, and the associated information are retained indefinitely for statistical purposes
- Student/Member records can be deleted manually at anytime
Some events collect medical and media waivers, this information is made available to the organiser for the purpose of administering their competition. 30 days after the competition has concluded, this information will be deleted from the system.Backups
Backup copies of data are stored for a period of up to 90 days. Any data that is deleted from EnterNOW will still exist in the backup copies for up to 90 days
SCHOOL MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS, SUCH AS KAMAR, MUSAC, ETAP
We only synchronise the data that is used by most organisers for school events.
- Student ID
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Year Level
- Previous School Name
- Date of Enrolment
- Residency Status
- Photograph (optional)
All creditcard information is passed directly to the creditcard processor (such as DPS/Windcave, Stripe, etc), no credit card information is stored on our servers, apart from the receipt of payment.
DATA STORAGEHosting / Network Services
EnterNOW uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run our services. EnterNOW owns the code, databases, and all rights to the EnterNOW applications. EnterNOW is owned and operated by EnterNOW LTD.What precautions are taken to keep the data secure
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions, including, where appropriate, password protection, and encryption to protect our sites and the information we collect from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- SSL Secure certificate is used on the website (encrypts data between end user and server)
- SSH public key access is used to authenticate to the server and transfer files.
- Our website server has a firewall in place.
- Software/Security patches are applied at regular intervals
- Regular backups are taken of all data, and stored on a secondary server which is not publicly accessible
- All our computers have encrypted hard drives (in the case of loss or theft, they will be inaccessible)
- We run current antivirus/malware detection software
Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any of your personal information via the Internet.
Your browser stores no information that will identify you or your Organisation
The service uses "cookies" and other technical measures that enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit the site. A cookie does not identify you personally or contain any other information about you or your Organisation, but it does identify your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, which is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You can either update your data yourself using our website service, or contact our help desk and we will update your information for you.
Deleting your data. If you wish to stop using our service, we will destroy all data that is linked to your account. This does not include entry data once a competition has closed, as that data now belongs to the event organisers, not the entrant.
EnterNOW reserves the right to change this policy at any time and any amended policy is effective upon the posting on this website.
Last updated: 1 May 2021